2011年8月12日星期五

Royals Prospects: How good will KC be in a couple years?

This is the second part of the analysis I started yesterday. (BTW: This is personal post #1,500 on UFR.) I decided to determine how good KC’s prospect class was coming into 2011 and compare it to other seasons for the Royals as well as other teams. This is all based upon Baseball America’s top-100 and it goes back to 1990. I think you will find the results interesting.

In yesterday’s post, I explained how I arrived at a point system to reflect how good a particular prospect class is. Kansas City (2011) has 574 prospect points. That’s nearly 300 points better than the next best KC group since 1990. The next question was just how good it was with respect to all the teams in the majors.

As it turns out, KC in 2011 has the #1 prospect class based upon this way of measuring in the 22 years Baseball America has published a top-100. Only one other group is even remotely close – Arizona, 2006.

Here are the top-16 (those with 400+ points in a season)

没有评论:

发表评论